Forward Deployed Engineer, Apps Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
Tradeshift’s App Platform Team takes what is unique about a company’s supply chain and turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate and digitize their supply chain - that's where our Apps Team comes in. Tradeshift Apps provides individual pluggable applications that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of fun individuals from all different backgrounds, and we're excited to support our new engineers!
We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry standard practices are just not good enough - this where you make an impact. You will help build widely varied apps to support different business needs, and build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity and collaboration, all in real time. The Apps you build provide external connectivity and integration with a company’s existing systems and programs which greatly accelerates solution deployment.
What a day is like:
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You also have:
- Around 5 years of experience in a technical environment - we still want to hear from you even if you have less experience!
- Have experience with relational and non-relational databases and database architecture.
- Familiarity with translating sales pitches to system implementations and vice versa.
- Experience designing and developing web services and infrastructure.
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas and operational platforms will require you to think out of the box and address unforeseen challenges as they come up.
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts.
- Previous integration experience.
- A preference for working closely with a fun, warm and welcoming team of talented engineers.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.