Forward Deployed Engineering Director, Apps Engineering
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
Tradeshift’s App Platform Team takes what is unique about a company’s supply chain and turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate and digitize their supply chain - that's where our Apps Team comes in. Tradeshift Apps provides individual pluggable applications that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of fun individuals from all different backgrounds, and we're excited to support our new engineers!
- Leading team(s) building software to solve big problems and designing solutions with cutting edge technology
- Working with customers to gain insight into the world’s largest supply chains and working on projects to digitize and provide transparency and traceability across the supply chain.
- Acting as a thought leader in developing solutions, from prototyping and high-level system design to application development
- Leading teams of forward deployed engineers working with prospects and customers architecting solutions on the front line.
- Evangelizing Tradeshift’s Platform both internally and with customers
- Able to lead discussions to develop strategic direction, roadmap, vision, design, architecture, etc.
- Understand the intricacies of the mobile wallet technology (i.e., security, financials, loans, appreciation over time, holding money in wallets, geographic and international compliance and regulations, etc.)
- Experienced enough to quickly estimate the level of work required for a system change or project
- A dislike of grammatical errors on a personal level
- Enjoy talking to customers to understand their needs, and you also enjoy writing code
- You can translate sales pitches to system implementations and vice versa
- You enjoy the challenge of solving an abstract problem and adopting or building the technology to do it
- Good communication skills: To be successful you’ll need to work together with many engineers, product teams, sales teams, and customers around the globe
- Strong learner: You will need to pick up on how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies and business areas, from the front-end to the back-end
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas and operational platforms will require you to think out of the box and address unforeseen challenges as they come up
- Experience with cloud-based architectures as well as build and deployment models
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and database architecture
- Experience designing and developing web services and infrastructure
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts
- Integration experience
Tradeshift allows every employee to come to work just as they are and truly be themselves. We are a unified team with one mission but appreciate and value every employee’s diverse background, and encourage them to speak up and share their opinions. The work is exciting, with lots of opportunity for growth.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts
- Ambitious, international startup environment in San Francisco, CA
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a super dedicated, agile team of very skilled people
- Revolutionizing the way small businesses do business, and helping the world get rid of paper invoices
- A competitive compensation package including bonus
- Trips to tech-camps in Lake Tahoe, as well as Denmark and Romania, working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- 15 days annual leave, Medical benefit plan, lunch allowance, etc.