IBX Product & Engineering Lead
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift has a unique opportunity for someone to lead the IBX Product and Engineering teams. Reporting to the head of the Business Line IBX, this is a critical position that will lead and own all aspects of IBX product and engineering: organizational structure, people, practices, financials, deliverables and integration into the rest of Tradeshift. You will work with senior management and a team of functional leads across the company.
As the Head of IBX Product and Engineering, you will reassess the organization and facilitate transition into Roots, understand the strategic objectives, drive product and development teams and planning, assess risks and challenges, develop comprehensive project plans, monitor statuses, rapidly identify and resolve potential issues, risk mitigation and give regular status updates to senior management.
What a day is like:
- Interact extensively across all functional teams within Tradeshift and have significant exposure to our executive leadership. While the primary focus on the role will be on IBX, you may also be involved with projects in other strategic initiatives within your revenue line
- People management responsibility - facilitate career growth, resolve conflicts, hire
- Driving teams - work with 4 development teams, facilitate their process, create commitment with the team on deliverables etc.
- Technical development responsibility - be responsible for the technical quality of solutions produced by your teams
- Strong sense of accountability, and alignment with the Tradeshift Engineering Culture and Principles
- Define the vision for the product through a road map and near term backlog
- Build out and continuously improve the IBX Product & Engineering organization by identifying and developing process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and improve the quality of the Product
- Talent assessment: Identify key employees, top performers, and potential flight risks
- Culture assessment and integration
- Work with cross-organizational leadership to define a new organization structure, short and long term goals, and relevant contingency plans as needed
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are a person that feels comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture and environment. You have the technical ability to understand software and workstreams associated with Procure to Pay and recognize areas of integration, discuss process/product roadmaps, and engage with other workstream leaders.
You also have:
- Leadership skills and experience in managing people - diversity in experience from team sizes, technologies and cultures is good
- Strong people skills and excellent skills in structuring, planning and organizing across locations and cultures
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with agile software development processes
- Experience with SaaS solutions
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building
- A history of exceptional project management and communication skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes and a desire to lead multiple teams and projects
- Ability to think company-wide and integrate people, processes and tools with a holistic view and manage dependencies
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!