Senior Compensation Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We need someone who is passionate about doing the right thing and making things better for not only our company, but everyone who uses our technology. Reporting to the VP of People Operations, the Senior Compensation Analyst will be given the opportunity to do some really great work, so we need someone excited about doing great things. We need someone who can bring in new ideas and new ways of doing things, who knows when to go with best practices and when to go and create them yourself. We are not satisfied with the status quo, and neither should you.
What a day is like:
- Understand our business and how what you do really does helps the entire company be successful in our strategy. Know what we believe before applying.
- Come up with solutions. It’s easy to figure out all the problems, we want someone who can help us come up with the answer to those problems, which is quite empowering. This role will be very empowering.
- We like data, so you will need to provide some data analysis often
- Play fair. Especially with your own team, integrate and partner with People Ops colleagues and implement solutions while you are at it. We all work together here.
- You won’t need to be too “HR.” We prefer to talk and act like the business talks and acts.
- Develop, implement and manage base, variable, and equity compensation programs.
- Plan and administer the semi-annual bonus program and pay planning cycles.
- Provide technical expertise and proactive guidance to monitor and maintain our competitive positioning, balancing internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Monitor and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations.
- Lead the market analysis process and recommend changes to the salary structure.
- Lead compelling manager compensation training.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop dashboards and analytic models to provide business insights and interpret market or internal trends.
- Be nice. Really, be nice.
- In general, you get to make things better every day, if you are up for it.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Have expert knowledge of compensation salary planning, incentive programs, equity plans, market pricing and analytics. You are also able to design and execute strategies in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
You also have:
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience, BA/BS degree.
- Experience in a software or other high-tech company.
- High level of energy and able to work at a really fast pace, we tend to move fast.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of People Ops within the company.
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs independently.
- Talk so people can understand what you are trying to say, some call this interpersonal and communication skills; use this to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively with others in the pursuit of common goals by finding ways to help the team perform effectively, a good way to do this is by contributing ideas.
- Treating customers with a high level of respect and appreciation is a given.
- Take calculated risk and choose options that maximize the benefits and minimize the losses for the company.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Tradeshifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.