Senior DevOps Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; this role will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code? That repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a Platform Operations Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
We are experiencing a hockey stick of scale and, therefore, Tradeshift is looking for DevOps engineers to help us with keeping our platform running smoothly and efficiently.
The Tradeshift platform is hosted on AWS and composed of a number of Java applications (with a dash of node.js and Scala/Akka) using RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra. All of our current infrastructure is highly automated with Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Rundeck, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Consul, etc playing key roles. We need someone who wants to face scalability challenges on a global level in this type of environment and automate things as much as possible.
We work based on an agile value set and try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane and productive. On the engineering side of things, we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build and release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
What a day is like:
- Keeping the platform running
- Help engineering teams be effective
- Helping with investigations and root cause analysis often in real time
- Be part of on-call duties for maintaining the platform
- Drive automation and optimization projects
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Have been identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform, improved platform security implementations and built/implemented new tools and automation to solve problems. You have been working with other engineering teams to increase reliability and availability. We kindly ask you to include a few words in your cover letter, with a motivational testimony for why you want to work at Tradeshift.
You also have:
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Experience developing, releasing and iterating on distributed applications
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes and Helm
- Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, and Vault.
- Experience with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Datastores such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- CI/CD pipeline operation and automation
- Designing architectures aiming at horizontally scalable microservices
- Able to coordinate with diverse globally distributed teams
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.