- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The members of this team come from various backgrounds and geographies and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We are the team that cultivates and supports all of Tradeshift’s business functions and prides ourselves on employee happiness. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, collaborative, fast paced and always evolving environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team and help us solve real-world problems while having fun along the way.
Tradeshift is looking for an Office Manager to be the face of the Tradeshift San Francisco Office; be proactive in maintaining office appearance, bring energy and excitement to the team and take initiative in managing projects and daily task load
What a day is like:
- Manage the office facility including the front desk reception - greeting, welcoming, registering and directing all visitors to maintain a professional image
- Supervise the office receptionist and contractors
- Manage relationship with office vendors
- Provide exemplary customer service to guests, visitors and employees
- Set the standard high in ensuring that all areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that office calls, voicemails, emails, mail and deliveries are handled promptly and professionally
- Provide support and coordination of Tradeshift SF events
- Ensure the effective handling and coordination of lodging arrangements in SF
- Manage the SF Visitor Calendar
- Manage the canteen along with daily food and beverage service. This includes weekly breakfast, daily lunch and scheduled events.
- Manage snack & beverage inventory to optimize range and quality in line with budget.
- Organize credit card receipts for the department
- Special projects and requests as assigned by manager
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have been an Office Supervisor or Manager at a rapidly growing startup or in the hospitality industry
You also have:
- You have a minimum of 7 years of reception and customer service experience
- You are an organized, confident, self-aware, self-starter
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You are able to work independently and self-manage your workload
- You are a team player, adaptable individual
- You are very flexible and welcome challenges and change
- You are loyal and can maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Your schedule is flexible to take calls with our international team on nights/weekends/unexpected hours when necessary
- You like being around people
- You are even tempered and know how to say no cordially
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Tradeshifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.