Director of Sales
- Washington, DC, USA
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and inspire the Insides Sales team toward effective goal and quota attainment
- Maximize sales teams’ effort by coaching, training, and managing each team member to their fullest potential
- Provide support and direction for team’s sales efforts with strategizing in their region and closing deals on target
- Support and educate team on specific marketing programs, lead generation campaigns, and targeted sales activities
- Strive to exceed sales quota on a monthly basis through consistent pipeline review and analysis
- Recruit, Hire, Grow, and Retain high energy, results driven Inside Account Executives
- Create and foster a performance-driven culture where every Inside Account Executive strives to be #1 among peers every day.
- Focus on Inside Account Executives productivity, day-to-day operations, monitor and track ADR productivity
- Train Inside Account Executives on questioning techniques, objection handling strategies, storytelling, and differentiated messaging to persistently explore and uncover the pains of our prospects that align to our solution.
- Maintain weekly 1:1s with Inside Account Executives
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of sales experience and 1+ years of sales leadership or management experience, preferably in a software environment
- Great work ethic and proven leadership and team-building skills
- Strong negotiating and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales effort
- Proven ability to develop/drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.