Frontend Developer with PHP experience
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Technical Enablement team is part of Tradeshift’s Global Customer Value organization, which makes it very unique in terms of the different engineering challenges we face. We build a lot of tools for internal use by customer facing teams, but we also maintain various other directly customer facing applications. We use a lot of different technologies and integrate with a lot of external services to offer our customers the best possible experiences with our product, within our team we are highly data driven, and try to always come up with innovating solutions to problems of all sizes.
What a day is like:
- Work closely with designers and other developers in a tightly knit, cross-functional, agile team
- Work within our customer-facing department, setting a new standard for support and customer service with the solutions we engineer
- Design and implement services that are highly-available and reliable, and build features to enable new Tradeshift products
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorm technical architecture options on a whiteboard with your team
- Be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 3+ year of professional, hands-on experience
- Excellent communicator and team player
- HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledge about PHP, experience with frameworks such as Laravel is a big plus
- Experience with various development/CI tools like Git, Jenkins are a plus
- Experience with web programming, consuming and building RESTful APIs
- Some SQL database knowledge within PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL server
- Curiosity towards new technology, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!