Director of Revenue
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
The Director of Revenue will manage a worldwide team of 4 direct reports, and 1 indirect report, based in San Francisco and Bucharest, Romania. Our Finance/Accounting team is very diverse, dynamic and fun to work with. If you are someone who enjoys business partnerships across the globe, challenges, building and streamlining processes, then you would enjoy working at Tradeshift.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Operations, Finance and Legal to structure new sales arrangements in accordance with relevant accounting guidance and company policy. Support new business initiatives, determine accounting treatment, risk and communicate financial impact to senior management
- Cross-functional collaboration to continuously improve collections of outstanding accounts receivable, reduce days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics
- Streamline ASC 606 revenue recognition post adoption and steer the implementation of an advanced revenue recognition tool, RevPro. Lead the worldwide revenue team in providing business requirements, performing process validation, user acceptance testing and data migration. Drive quoting productivity through Salesforce.com and CPQ. Implement system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements to achieve scalability
- Establish and reassess the Standalone Selling Price (SSP) of product and service offerings, and ensure proper revenue recognition, including appropriate revenue allocation in multiple element arrangements
- Partner cross functionally with Commissions Manager on commissions calculations
- Define and deliver core business metrics, reporting and analytics, including global pipeline, bookings, demand generation funnel, and churn analysis
- Work with auditors on compliance reviews, yearly annual audit, and revenue disclosures
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end revenue accounting close process, related fluctuation analysis, and other reporting requirements
- Update and maintain global revenue accounting policies and memos
- Mentor, coach and review the work of the worldwide revenue team. Total 4 direct reports globally based in San Francisco and Bucharest, Romania.
You’re perfect for this role if you if you have:
- 12+ years of accounting experience with very strong technical and operational knowledge and experience of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 and ASC 606, multiple elements arrangements revenue allocations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with relevant public accounting experience, preferably from the Big 4
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience with RevPro revenue automation software (ARM, or similar) and Netsuite ERP highly preferred
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and concise manner with non-Finance business partners
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance, and draft technical accounting memo
- Proven ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, delegate and mentor team to execute timely
- Comfortable working across global time zones
- Ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Strong Excel skills required / Google Doc skills a plus
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.