QA Automation Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect quality assurance involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We are looking for a QA Engineer with the skills to help us deliver at speed high-quality features for an innovative SaaS platform. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who are conscious about their impact while working with their colleagues.
Tradeshift is looking for a motivated and talented QA Engineer who will be empowered to do their best work in designing, implementing and maintaining test automation for functional and non-functional testing.
The right candidate is someone who is a team player, has proven experience with test automation, has good coding skills, can perform quick troubleshooting and can manage change.
You should also be comfortable working under pressure while simultaneously thriving in a work environment where proactiveness and constructive input is highly appreciated and rewarded.
What a day is like
As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop advanced test suites using object-oriented methodologies and using our technical stacks (java, groovy, JUnit, Spock, Selenium, Geb)
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Write automated integration tests, RESTful APIs tests, and UI end to end tests
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve team productivity
- Implement and execute test strategies to help improve overall quality and test code coverage
- Be able to do functional testing and then automate the resulting test scripts
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to improve the quality of deliveries
- Assists in the rollout of several technical QA initiatives in the organization and across the software life cycle
- Document and track bugs
- Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, to track, to follow-up and to report progress
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Have excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills and as a person, you are able to confidently navigate complex environments involving multiple stakeholders. You are inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills. Besides, you have:
- At least 3 years experience in test automation or coding experience with OO programming languages (preferably Java or Groovy)
- Experience with using industry-standard automation testing frameworks and tools like Selenium, RestAssured or similar open-source tools
- Experience with API testing and automation
- Good understanding of the full web stack
- Good expertise in testing strategies and practices
You also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to DevOps practices and tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with a scripting language like Python
- Experience with BDD
- Have good understanding of Databases and SQL
- Hands on experience with multiple OS platforms (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Ability to understand hardware and software architectures
- Have experience testing browser-based/web applications
- Have knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done as you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!