- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect quality assurance involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who are conscious about their impact while working with their colleagues.
We are looking for a QA Engineer with the skills to help us deliver at speed high-quality functionalities for an innovative SaaS platform. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
Tradeshift is looking for a motivated and talented QA Engineer who will be empowered to do their best work in testing software in an agile development environment.
The right candidate is someone who is proud of his testing career, is a team player, has good technical abilities, applies critical thinking and can manage change.
You will be responsible for end to end testing (manual and automation testing) and o support and share the vision of “Quality is everyone’s responsibility” by collaborating with the feature team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met.
You should also be comfortable working under pressure while simultaneously thriving in a work environment where proactiveness and constructive input is highly appreciated and rewarded.
What a day is like:
You will collaborate with product and engineering teams from several countries on different time zones to improve the quality of deliveries, working on a 2 PM-10 PM shift. You will use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, track, follow-up and report progress. Besides this, you will:
- Assists in the preparation and execution of testing based on test strategies aligned to the quality vision of the company
- Implement and execute test strategies to help improve overall quality and test code coverage
- Write automated integration tests, RESTful APIs tests and UI end to end tests
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Perform functional testing and then automating the resulting test scripts
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve team productivity
- Assists in the rollout of QA initiatives in the organization and across the software life cycle
- Document and track bugs.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are business knowledge-oriented, willing to have a shifting schedule for work to coordinate with US time zones (meaning 2 PM-10 PM Ro time). You are able to confidently navigate complex environments involving multiple stakeholders, having excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills. You are inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills. Besides, you have:
- At least 3 years experience in testing domain
- Good expertise in testing strategies and practices
- Experience with API testing and test automation
- Experience testing browser-based/web applications
- Fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing
You also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with using industry-standard automation testing frameworks and tools like Selenium, RestAssured or similar open-source tools
- Coding experience with OO programming languages (preferably Java or Groovy)
- Good understanding of the full web stack
- Hands-on experience with multiple OS platforms (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Experience with a scripting language like Python
- Good understanding of Databases and SQL
- Knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the workday, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done as you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, training sessions etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!