Node.js Software Engineer - Apps and Marketplaces
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift’s Apps Engineering takes what is unique about a company’s supply chain and turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. Tradeshift Apps Engineering provides individual pluggable applications and integrations that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of dedicated and nimble engineers who are focused on delivering the right value added solutions to enable our customers’ digital transformation.
We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry-standard practices are just not good enough - this is where you make an impact. You will help build widely varied apps to support different business needs and build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity and collaboration, all in real-time. The Apps you build provide external connectivity and integration with a company’s existing systems and programs which greatly accelerate solution deployment.
What a day is like
You will enjoy building beautiful, robust apps, ensuring there is sufficient coverage with automated tests. You will build reusable code and libraries for future use, collaborating with the team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
You will passionately engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our apps ecosystem, writing high-quality, tested, peer-reviewed code. Each and every day and for each and every project, you will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks is a plus.
You also have:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with NodeJS/Typescript
- Experience designing and developing web services
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with integrating 3rd parties, using REST/SOAP APIs, OAuth
- Experience working with CI/CD tools, such as GitHub, GitHub Actions, GitHub Packages, Jenkins
- Experienced enough to quickly estimate the level of work required for a system change or project
- Experience with writing unit tests using testing frameworks, such as Jest
- Experience developing enterprise-grade web applications
- Familiarity with cloud-based architectures as well as build and deployment models, AWS preferred (Api Gateway, Lambda Functions, S3 etc.)
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluency in English
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done as you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!