Engineering Manager, Hybrid worker
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Why you might like working here:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done where and how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- A competitive compensation package and equity
And when you’re in the office:
- Our cosy office situated right in the heart of Aarhus
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
You will be a part of the Engage organization in the Global product & engineering team. The Engage organization has its main focus on providing value to sellers on the Tradeshift platform and has as a main goal to promote enduring and increasing engagement with the platform, so that those sellers can become customers, and our network can be monetized.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a software development background who has the ability to facilitate career growth and hire for your direct reports. You also have experience with leading a development team focusing and making them engaged, have a suitable process and a clear picture of the quality they deliver.
What a day is like:
You will report to the VP of Engineering, with the Engage team and be a part of the Tradeshift Engineering leadership
- Develop your direct reports' skill sets and continue facilitating their career growth
- Drive teams - work with 1-3 development teams, facilitate their process, create commitment with the team on deliverables etc.
- Oversee your team's technical development and product quality
- Be a part of a truly global organization - Tradeshift is a multicultural company with 30+ nationalities spread across offices in several time zones
Are we a match?
We may the perfect workplace for you, if you:
- Believe in collaboration and clear communication to work with a global team of talented engineers
- You have previous team management and leadership experience - diversity in experience from team sizes, technologies and cultures is fantastic
- You have hands-on experience with agile software development processes including execution and execution
You also have:
- Worked with SaaS solutions
- You have a great ability to learn and apply new skills related to technology and business areas, from the front-end to the back-end.
- Confidence working in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture
- Collaborated or managed globally distributed teams
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest and supportive people around
You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving
We do what has never been done before
We are building the world’s largest network and platform. It’s difficult. It’s challenging. But we do it because we would rather tackle overwhelming challenges than playing it safe..
We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status