Senior Payroll Specialist
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Finance team in Tradeshift manages the finance and accounting for all our subsidiaries. We collaborate with local service providers to make sure we're compliant to regulations.
Tradeshift’s international presence is growing, and as such, the need to build out our Payroll team in Bucharest has grown. Presently the department consists of two employees - one in Bucharest, one in the U.S.
What a day is like:
- Collect and centralize payroll supporting information (timesheets, medical and holiday leave, salary changes, bonuses, lunch tickets, etc.)
- Administrator of time recording system
- Responsible for calculating manual checks and NSO transactions
- Monitor law changes and analyze their impact on employees and the company
- Collaborate closely with local HR Manager
- Supportive of answering and responding to payroll related queries from employees
- Track, monitor and validate data from and sent to payroll agency
- Prepare and post payroll and related journal entries
- Provides accurate analysis of reconciliation records to third party documents
- Conduct accounts reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making
- Seek opportunities for central testing, automation and process efficiencies
- Supports the entity local ERP system transition to global ERP solution (NetSuite)
- Understanding of financial reporting and internal controls
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are a flexible and proactive person, with good team working skills as well as ability to work
autonomously on assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics or related area
- International payroll experience preferred
- Good knowledge of Romanian Labour legislation
- Fluent English speaker (both written and spoken)
- Familiarity with NetSuite
- Activpayroll experience a plus
- Excellent administration skills and good organization skills with attention to detail
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel – advanced level, other customized payroll software); Mac OS and Google Sheets would be an asset but not a requirement
- Flexible and proactive attitude, with good team working skills as well as ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done as you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!