Technical Writer / Documentation Specialist
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our Product Business Operations team provides Project, Program and Knowledge Management services to the whole organisation; as well as running operational services for Product and Engineering that feed into the global functions which support the effective running of our business.
Sitting within the Product Organisation; we are looking for an excellent technical writer with a true passion for – and proven experience in – producing high-quality technical documentation. You will be responsible for creating documentation that accurately and succinctly describes the functionality of the Tradeshift platform. This will be done in close collaboration with the various Subject Matter Experts and Product Managers. The content will vary from User Facing, external documentation, release notes and configuration / technical documentation for use by implementation and support teams. The role would also manage the day-to-day operational relationship with our Translation providers.
What a day is like:
- Understanding the needs of the various stakeholders that leverage the output of the documentation team
- Carrying out both independent research and interviews with SMEs
- Ensuring that all existing platform features are adequately documented
- Preparing documentation for all new and updated features in line with the individual phases of the product release cycle
- Making sure that the structure of the documentation is clear, logical and user-friendly at all times
- The documentation is written in British English and housed on both our internal WIKI, Atlassian Confluence, and our dedicated support portal; with the audience ranging from internal (customer-facing) teams and platform end users to implementation partners and customers
- In addition to this, the documentation team is occasionally called upon to assist with or carry out various other ad hoc writing projects. In general, the team provides support across the organisation in all language-related matters, including the drafting and proofreading of UI copy
- Manage the working relationship with our Translations providers
- The successful candidate will be working closely with the globally dispersed Tradeshift organisation. The role is based in Bucharest, Romania and may require minimal overseas travel
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Previous experience writing, reviewing and editing technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to convert complex subject matter into clear and comprehensible documentation
- Ability to multitask and prioritize output based upon needs; without getting bogged down in a single task
- Be able to manage the day-to-day relationships with service providers (Translations); ensuring transparency on progress, costs, risks, etc
- Familiarity with Confluence and the Google Suite preferred
- Knowledge of Snagit, LucidChart or other visual communication/graphic design tools a plus
- Understanding of coding, APIs, Scrum and/or software development ideal but not required
- A willingness and aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
- Knowledge of (electronic) invoicing, procurement and/or finance a definite plus
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, agile environment
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!