Director of Credit & Collections
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
As a Director of Credit and Collections, you will be responsible for playing a critical role to the company’s financial success by establishing and implementing customer credit and accounts receivable collection policies with stakeholders across the business while managing credit and collection performance versus key metrics. This person will have a depth of experience in credit administration and management in high growth international companies, preferably in business-to-business SaaS markets. This is a financial leadership role, responsible for developing the company’s credit and collection infrastructure and processes, while at the same time supporting prudent customer sales and coordinating optimal realization of customer billings. Must have the knowledge and vision to utilize and leverage technology in credit and collection processes.
What you will be doing:
• Establish and implement formal and integrated company credit and collections policies and processes with an emphasis on responsiveness, profitability and ability to scale.
• Build a credit and collections team to handle a global customer credit and collection process in a rapidly growing company, utilizing technology, industry leading practices and key performance indicators.
• Collaborate with sales on customer credit, billing and collections process improvement.
• Review, revise and implement timely and effective credit and collection performance reporting processes for all product offerings with insightful metrics and actionable information.
• Drive continual automation, efficiency and effectiveness of our billing and collections processes.
• Partner with the sales, AR billing, operations and legal teams to resolve customer issues.
• Create and manage relationships with collection agencies and legal partners to maximize realization of troubled customer accounts
• Design and maintain all reporting, forecasting and metrics to report on the performance of the department
• Hire, mentor and develop a growing worldwide Credit and Collections team.
What You Bring Along:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or a related field.
• Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a successful global credit and collections team
• Experience in a technology-driven cloud billing/collection infrastructure at scale
• Experience in triaging specific collections issues; proven track record of successful collections management
• Experience in establishing credit and collection policies, limits and related practices in a worldwide setting
• Strong organization skills and project management capabilities
• Superior verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Extraordinary business relationship and collaboration skills with executives, business unit managers, staff, customers and service providers
• Analytical mindset with an emphasis on building and designing scalable processes
• Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
• Experience using NetSuite or comparable systems for billings and collections
• Experience utilizing SFDC for customer and sales information reporting
• Proficiency using Excel
• Proficiency using Google Application Suite (Mail, Docs, Sheets)
• Experience using querying and database tools a plus (SQL, R, DOMO, Tableau)
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.