- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will become a member of the fast-expanding Product-Engine Buy team building a bleeding-edge B2B eCommerce solution for Marketplaces. You are part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone and include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience.
What a day is like:
- Build business-critical features used for the Tradeshift buy platform in collaboration with our agile Tradeshift product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Provide technical support and mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Technologies: Spring, Postgres, ElasticSearch 7, Middlewares (HornetQ, RabbitMQ), CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of professional experience with Java and application frameworks such as Spring
- You have experience in designing search indexes for large document portfolios on ElasticSearch (multi-variant, i18n)
- Having a deep understanding and practice in developing REST-based Micro-Services-Architectures
- Knowing how to build resilient architectures with distributed transaction patterns
- SQL database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Have basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Having experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) is a plus
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design & Test-Driven Development
You also have:
- Projects done in languages like Python, Node.JS, Scala are a big plus
- Experiences with NoSQL databases is such a MongoDB or Dynamo are welcome
- Having experience with web-based development-related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI) is great
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!