Senior Software Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift Pay provides solutions and services to automate invoice handling and payments, using the world’s largest business network, artificial intelligence and distributed systems.
Our team focus on involving the right people at the right time, and making their jobs as easy as possible when they interact with the Tradeshift platform. We build and maintain a number of backend microservices and frontend apps.
We work closely with three other teams to deliver new features for the Pay product, and also collaborate with other teams across Tradeshift to build quality, shared components across the platform.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will take ownership of the backend and frontend code, discuss and review code architecture and design, and regularly challenge and improve the process. You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. Your involvement will start from product inception through architecture and design and production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like:
You will be writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code, will help review code from other team members and contribute to what the team is delivering using a CI/CD release pipeline.
You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation and production support. You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have working experience in structured development and release environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Are fluent in English speaking, reading, and writing
- Work well in a team with a mix of personalities
- Are not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Enjoy solving problems, but are not afraid to ask for help
In the past, you may have:
- Implemented a RESTful API, and consumed it in a web app
- Designed and built a relational database schema
- Modernised a legacy system
- Fixed a bug which everyone thought was impossible
- Planned a big feature and made sure everyone understood
Some of the skills you may have:
- Experience with Java application frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge of general web concepts such as HTTP, REST
- Good database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Use Git for version control and are familiar with code hosting sites like Github or Bitbucket
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
We do what was never done before.
We are building the world’s largest network and platform. It’s difficult. It’s challenging. But we do it because we would rather tackle overwhelming challenges, instead of playing it safe.
We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- A competitive compensation package and equity
And once the office is back to full speed after Covid
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.