Senior AR Collections Specialist
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Senior AR Collections Specialist reports to the Director, Credit and Collections, and plays a key role in the company’s financial success with responsibility for coordinating and conducting the accounts receivable collection programs and activities for customer accounts receivable in North, Central and South America. This person will have wide-ranging experience and knowledge of industry best practices in business accounts receivable analysis and reporting, payment methods, payments application and collections in high growth international companies, preferably in business-to-business SaaS markets. This role implements the company’s collection policies and processes in coordination with Accounting, Sales, Tech Support and Legal staff as well as external collection agents. Must have the knowledge, experience and capability to implement and utilize technology in accounts receivable analysis, reporting and collection processes.
What you will be doing:
- Implement and utilize technology to ensure customer payment reminders and payment requests are generated and sent to customers in accordance with established timelines.
- Contact customers to request payments of past due invoices in accordance with
- established procedures. Maintain customer contact information and contact records timely for all collection communications and activities.
- Coordinate with AR Billing Team and IT Support to resolve any billing issues, within target timelines, that are identified in communications with customers. Coordinate with Sales / Client Executives to resolve any issues relating to contracts, sales orders, software products and projects, or invoices that are identified in communications with customers.
- Apply selected customer payments received to the customer’s AR account on a daily basis.
- Implement and utilize technology to prepare periodic past due accounts receivable and collections reports, including best practice AR and collections metrics for distribution to the Director, Credit and Collections and senior managers and officers of the company.
- Analyze and identify delinquent customer accounts that are recommended to have an external collection agent engaged to assist in collection. Provide necessary customer and invoice information for delinquent accounts assigned to external collection agents. Receive and review periodic reports by external collection agents of collections results and status of accounts; evaluate performance of external collection agents. Coordinate with AR Team to
- process payments received from external collection agents for past due accounts.
- Coordinate with the Director, AR Team, Sales and Client Executives and Legal on negotiated settlements with customers to maximize realization of past due accounts.
- Identify and recommend to the Director, Credit and Collections any delinquent customer accounts that are recommended for write-off in accordance with company policy.
- Utilize and implement technology and industry leading practices in the monitoring, analysis, payment processing and collection of past due accounts receivable.
- Contribute to continual automation, efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s collections and AR past due analysis and reporting processes.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as requested.
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrable experience (5-8 years) in business customer accounts receivable collections.
- Experience in a technology-driven cloud billing/payments/collection systems at scale
- Experience in triaging specific collections issues; proven record of successful collections
- Experience implementing collection policies and related practices in a worldwide setting
- General knowledge of accounting for receivables, allowance for doubtful accounts, write-offs, related general ledger entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills and project management capabilities.
- Good judgment to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on identifying issues, exceptions and trends in scalable processes.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English. Fluency in Spanish, French or a second language is beneficial.
- Strong business relationship and collaboration skills with executives, business unit managers, staff, customers and service providers.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Systems/Tools Experience:
- Experience using NetSuite or comparable systems for billings and collections.
- Experience implementing and utilizing technology-driven collections systems/tools for collection activities, workflow management and receivables/past due reporting.
- Experience utilizing SFDC for customer and sales information reporting
- Proficiency using Excel and Google Application Suite (Mail, Docs, Sheets)
- Experience using querying and database tools a plus (SQL, R, DOMO, Tableau)
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.