- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Financial Solutions and Payments Team:
You will become a member of the fast expanding Financial Solutions and Payments team and be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience, and then some.
Our team develops innovative financial technology products across business-to-business payments, banking and lending services for use by Tradeshift's customers all across the world. We innovate within existing and entirely new Financial Services concepts and also deliver pivotal infrastructure enabling other applications: Our payments services allow businesses all over the world to send and receive money. Our lending solutions allow trading entities real-time access to affordable capital. We enable global commerce by removing every bit of complexity within cross-border transactions and trade finance. Come and join us. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share in our excitement for building innovative financial technology.
We are an engineering team originally based in San Francisco, but we are now working remotely, and will continue to have an office optional approach going forward. Therefore, we would like to work with candidates in a similar time zone.
You will be responsible for contributing to the technical design, development, and implementation of Tradeshift Cash. We believe in shipping code, and we have just enough process in place for everyone to remain productive. But we expect you to do more than just write production code; in a typical week, you could be:
- Brainstorming technical architecture options with your team
- Reviewing PRs from colleagues in our European offices
- Fielding questions from product managers about new features
- Fixing a bug you randomly came across and improving unit test coverage
- Giving a presentation to developers about a new technology you have been experimenting with
At Tradeshift, we are changing the way companies do business together. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement in all user stories from their inception through deployment and monitoring. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
What you will do:
- Write effectively and concisely, and communicate well by making things easy to understand
- Strike a balance between shipping soon and finding a perfect solution, and understand the tradeoffs in a situation
- Develop and maintain a world-class responsive frontend framework, and engage in discussions about making both incremental and drastic changes
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Bridge the gap between intended user experience and practical implementation, and communicate the options clearly to designers and product managers
- Lead a team in taking a product from concept to release, and assume responsibility for the success of the product and the growth of your team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Communicate clearly and concisely to other engineers, designers, and product managers
- Not required, but preferred:
- Experience with Node.js or typescript
- Experience with frontend technologies
- Experience with cloud based services
- Experience or interest in high-scalability distributed systems
Location: Remote...but not alone.
Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.