- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
What the role is
We are looking for a People Generalist supporting the UK and EMEA teams. In this role you will play a key role in shaping the People and Culture strategy, working closely with the business and developing effective relationships with people managers and employees.
You will become an integral part of a global People and Culture team, collaborating closely with the EMEA team, reporting directly to the Senior Director of People EMEA/APAC
What you'll bring to the table:
You will have a passion for efficiency and continuous process and policy improvement. Your ability to adopt a problem-solving mindset will make it simple and easy. You will bring your passion for generating ideas related to people, systems, processes, data and transactions.
Attention to detail, customer service, ability to multitask with an innovative mindset in conjunction with a sense of creativity, will drive you to succeed in Tradeshift's fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will understand and respect the need for a high level of confidentiality.
Some details about what you will do:
- Assist with inquiries from employees and managers
- Assist with employee relations issues and processes
- Coordinate changes throughout the employee life cycle from both HRIS and documentation perspective (e.g. salary changes, promotions, etc.)
- Provide support on cyclical activities (performance management process, compensation processes, etc.)
- Assist in developing and executing People team procedures and policies, making recommendations for enhancements and changes to policies, employee handbooks and other processes and or documentation. Providing guidance and interpretation for the business in coordination with the HRBP team
- Ensure legal compliance applicable to employment laws, and update local documentation, policies and/or procedures as required
- Partner with the global HRBP team on Employee Experience and Diversity & Inclusion.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an international HR environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business or other related discipline
- Understanding of general Human Resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of current UK employment laws and regulations - other European country knowledge would be an advantage
- HRIS system experience - Workday will be an advantage
- Strong capability in analyzing and presenting data and findings and reports to managers
- Strong business acumen to be able to align business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals
- Intuitive and forward thinking with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Confidentiality - understanding and respecting the requirements that come with this position
Desirable and preferred Skills:
- Organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Experience with prioritization, multi-tasking and problem solving
- Customer service focused
- Excellent English, multi-language candidates preferred
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.