Senior Fullstack Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Platform
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will take ownership of the developer productivity of the entire Tradeshift engineering organization.
You will be creating and reviewing code, architecture and design.
Help to create and optimize new processes.
You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. Your involvement will start from idea inception through architecture and design, implementation and evangelizing. Our team has great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift productivity to the next level.
Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like.
You will be working with other engineers in a global environment to define and create the best tools for moving code from source to production. Small changes and optimizations have a huge impact since it affects all engineers in Tradeshift.
On a daily basis you will be writing code covered by tests, with an open source like workflow, using forks and pull requests. You will work with technologies like Go, Bash, Puppet, Groovy and be spearheading technologies like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker and using supporting tools like Datadog, Sentry, or Splunk.
You will be forming opinions around cloud native technologies and how we can leverage them to lift the productivity even higher in Tradeshift.
You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have a deep understanding and 4+ years of experience programming in languages like Java or Go
- Have a deep understanding and practice in developing REST-based microservices architectures
- Know how to build resilient architectures, work with eventual consistency and distributed transaction patterns
- Have opinions on how the perfect SDLC would look like
- Love cloud native technologies
- Been developing Kubernetes operators
- Used to build applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Keen to automate tests and practice CI/CD
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Projects done in other languages like Typescript, Scala or Groovy
- Experience in SRE related activities like adding telemetry to code and debugging distributed systems
- Deep understanding of web protocols like HTTP, TLS, TCP etc.
- Experience with building secure systems
- Good datastores skills (Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kafka or similar)
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.