Fullstack (Java) Developer
- Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Department: Babelway
We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
As a Fullstack Developer you will take ownership of and mutually reviewing codes, discuss code architecture and design, and regularly challenge and improve the process. You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
How a day looks like:
You will report to the VP engineering and contribute to the full development life cycle of Tradeshift Babelway's scalable and distributed cloud platform, as part of a highly collaborative team. Based on your experience and interests, you will design and implement new features, improve the first-time user experience by making complex concepts simple and easy to use and provide advanced support to other teams, partners and customers. You will design and implement robust messaging components, create simple, modern and beautiful interfaces and implement requests and feedback from users. Further, you will integrate with IT systems, technologies, modern web platforms and third-party app stores, and learn and participate in all aspects of architecting, building and deploying a highly scalable and available distributed cloud system.
You’re clear fit for this role if:
You have an engineering degree, Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and a solid knowledge of Java, as Java is the only real technical must-have. You are fully dedicated to our product, and you need to feel a true work-pleasure when building simple and effective solutions for advanced technology challenges. You are a team player, with an open personality, and you will search for best solutions by both listening and making your case to your colleagues. You are accountable, involved and autonomous.
You also have:
- English - mandatory and enough French to survive in a French-speaking office
- An interest in infrastructure management will be considered an asset
- No fear at all to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Experience with/ interest for high-scalability distributed system technologies
- 2+ years experience as a Developer
Our office in Louvain-la-Neuve has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock. TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want in a well organized/structured/secure environment
- You like sharing your opinions and the feeling they really matter
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development/training opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile phone plan
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines -