- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Platform
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will be part of the Platform organisation in the Global Product & Engineering. The Platform organisation has its main focus on building core systems and products that are used by all users on the tradeshift platform, and APIs and libraries used by our own engineering departments building products like Pay and Buy, as well as our customers and partners for custom integrations.
Working in Platform is all about scale, working with systems with millions of transactions every day, and finding solutions to complex problems - it's fun and challenging.
- Build business-critical features used for the Tradeshift Platform in collaboration with our Tradeshift product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Provide support to customer facing teams and mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have a deep understanding and 4+ years of experience with Java and Spring framework
- Have a deep understanding and practice in developing REST-based microservices architectures
- Know how to build resilient architectures, work with eventual consistency and distributed transaction patterns
- Used to build applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Keen to automate tests and practice CI/CD (including D)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Projects done in other languages like Scala, Groovy, Go or Typescript
- Experience in SRE related activities like adding telemetry to code and debugging distributed systems
- Deep understanding of web protocols like HTTP, TLS, TCP etc.
- Experience with building secure systems
- Good datastores skills (Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kafka or similar)
- Projects done taking over legacy codebases and/or splitting the monoliths to microservices
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
Location. Our office in Copenhagen had, before Corona times (now we are all working from home) a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
We do what has never been done before
- We are building the world’s largest network and platform. It’s difficult. It’s challenging. But we do it because we would rather tackle overwhelming challenges than playing it safe..
- We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
- Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life
- We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
You might like working here if:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- An ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more