- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Buy
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
You will become a member of the fast-expanding Product & Shop team building a bleeding-edge B2B eCommerce solution for Marketplaces. You are part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone and include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Become the backend engineer in the Products and Shop area for Tradeshift
- Design and build backend structures to import, update and publish millions of products offered in our B2B shop
- Design and build and optimize parallel processing architecture to maintain a high load of data in no time.
- Build business-critical features used for the Tradeshift buy platform in collaboration with our agile Tradeshift product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Provide support to customer-facing teams and mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
Let’s Connect If You…
You are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java and application frameworks such as Spring
- Having a deep understanding and practice in developing REST-based Microservices-Architectures
- You have experience in handling and processing huge sets of data with technologies like Kafka or Spark
- Knowing how to build resilient architectures with distributed transaction patterns
- SQL database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Have basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Having experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) is a plus
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design & Test-Driven Development
- Projects done in languages like Python, Node.JS, Scala are a big plus
- Experiences with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Dynamo are welcome
- Having experience with web-based development-related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI) is great
- Experiences in Frontend Development in Angular or React are a big plus
We value diversity at our company. Tradeshift prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.