Senior FullStack Engineer (Java & Node.js)
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Network
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
Tradeshift is looking for a Mid-Senior FullStack Engineer with a background in Java and Node.js to join our Tradeshift Go team in Global Product and Engineering. The Go team builds end user experiences that enable organizations to use virtual credit cards to provide visibility and control over long tail procurement spend. Put simply, Tradeshift Go lets our customers avoid paper receipts and overblown employee spend by issuing pre-approved, encrypted vcards through one simple app. Our services are used by companies ranging from fortune 500 enterprises to micro businesses.
We are a rapidly growing team of engineers and product specialists with a charter to scale the architecture and product features of Go to meet the demands of its exponential growth and adoption. It is fun and exhilarating!
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will build business-critical features for Tradeshift Go in collaboration with other product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment. Your key responsibilities include requirements gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment, and verification
- You will conduct code reviews for your peers to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- You will be actively involved in brainstorming technical architecture options to accommodate new product features and to identify opportunities to increase product scalability, reliability, and availability
- You will work alongside your team members to acquire performance insights by improving product monitoring, metrics, alerting, and logging
- You will provide support to customer facing teams when product issues arise and work actively with internal and external stakeholders towards resolution, helping with investigation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, often in real-time
- You will collaborate with your team members to identify opportunities, propose designs, and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity and level-up the overall craftsmanship of our products
Let’s Connect If You…
You are passionate about the impact of your work and dedicated to meeting your commitments. You are enthusiastic about making a difference and motivated by the success of our customers and Tradeshift. You are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables.
You are perfect for this role if:
- You have 4+ years of relevant professional experience including software development using Java/Spring/NodeJS/Typescript
- You have a deep understanding and experience developing REST-based resilient microservices
- You worked with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL and MySQL, and understand eventual consistency and distributed transaction patterns
- You have experience building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- You worked in structured development and build environments that included continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration, and deployment
- You are fluent in written and verbal English
- You have a BS degree in computer science or equivalent
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Angular, AngularJS, React, or Vue.js
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Dynamo
- Experience with web-based security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI) is great
We value diversity at our company. Tradeshift prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.