Experienced Backend Engineer (with Node.js) - Tradeshift Marketplaces
- Bucharest, Romania
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Buy
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
We are looking for an outstanding Backend Engineer, with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be implementing, growing and maintaining apps and services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
- You will be a member of a skilled, cross-functional and self-driven team that includes FrontEnd Engineers, BackEnd Engineers, QA, Designer and Product Manager. You will collaborate mainly with colleagues from our Buy division, from the Bucharest and Copenhagen offices.
- You will be carrying out your tasks within an agile framework, actively brainstorming and collaborating with your team to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience.
Let’s Connect If You…
- Have 4+ years of relevant professional experience including software development using NodeJS/Typescript
- Have basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Have a deep understanding of the full web stack
- Have experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Have experience with BackEnd testing frameworks
- Have experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Have experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Have experience implementing microservices and working with distributed systems, resilient architectures, distributed transaction patterns, containers etc.
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
We value diversity at our company. Tradeshift prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to GDPR guidelines.