Communications Specialist, Social Media
- Toronto, Canada
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency working on a range of challenging projects with clients such as Kraft and Shoppers Drug Mart.
Trapeze offers a chance to work with cutting edge technology, supercharged colleagues, radically impressive clients, some of the most creative minds in the industry. We offer a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits, excellence working conditions and career advancement opportunities.
We’re looking for an organized, self-motivated Communications Specialist with a passion for Social Media in the digital marketing space. This role reports directly to the VP of Strategy and works closely with our Project managers, Creative, and Strategy team to help develop and maintain social platforms; both for our clients and internal projects.
The Communication Specialist manages content calendars for our clients while adhering to the Brand’s Social Media Guidelines to maintain a positive social community. Social Media Research is the highlight of this position as to provide insight and ideas for content generation. The expectation is to become a trusted social media expert and advisor to clients as well as getting involved with the new technologies that better support our business.
We want to hear from you if you are...
- Passionate about the digital social space and creative writing
- Creative and able to conceive new ideas to conquer barriers
- A strong writer with a natural ability to over deliver
- A quick learner with the ability to be highly organized
- Able to work and succeed in a collaborative team environment
- Social Media Management:
- Create and maintain Facebook and Twitter Content Calendars for Trapeze’s clients.
- Review user’s comments and enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Directly respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Conduct social outreach on behalf of brands.
- Produce community management guidelines and documents based on Trapeze’s social media framework
- Communication Planning and Strategy Development:
- Utilize social listening tools like Radian6 and Sysomos to generate strategic insights for the planning process
- Present recommendations for key messages based on discovered insights
- Ongoing research for social media tools and platforms
- Deliver regular social media insights reports to Trapeze’s clients
- Collaborate with strategic planners and account teams to develop communication plans.
- Development of relevant briefs for creative teams.
- Post-Secondary Education; in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Advertising.
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or social communities for brands
- Must be a strong writer (Preference for Bilingual writer)
- Strong understanding of social media management, moderation and productivity tools (Radian6, Hootsuite, etc)
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power, Project)
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication in English