Front End Developer
- Toronto, Canada
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency based in Toronto working on a range of challenging projects with clients such as Kraft, Mitsubishi, Reebok and Disney.
Trapeze offers a chance to work with cutting edge technology, supercharged colleagues, radically impressive clients, some of the most creative minds in the industry. We offer a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits, excellence working conditions and career advancement opportunities.
We’re looking for talented Front End Developers with a passion for the web. You will be involved in all stages of project development—from inception to deployment—so flexibility and versatility are an absolute must! You will also have the ability to explore new technologies and improve the way the development team works.
As a member of the Web Development team you will help with the build of sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent, high traffic websites. You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as Kraft, Shaw and Shoppers Drug Mart.
We want to hear from you if you have...
- Experience such as jQuery, Underscore or Zepto.
- Built accessible, standards-compliant websites.
- Creative thinking, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code.
- Experience with cross-browser testing and implementing responsive designs.
- Work with the PM to provide estimates and schedules for technical activities.
- Participate in or lead the R&D phase for requirements gathering
- Analyze requirements and produce documentation for architectural recommendations and systems and code level design.
- Participate in the development of the different products and projects
- Provide hands on application design and coding for the complex or sensitive parts of the project
- Perform code reviews for standards, quality assurance and security audit purposes
- Consult with other projects within development teams and generally contribute your skills
- Ability to translate technical concepts to business requirements
- Address day-to-day and longer term technical issues and problems
- Multitask between competing priorities
- Mentor junior developers.
- Post Secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Over 4 year of experience in Web Development
- Experience with:
- Version Control, such as Subversion, Mercurial or GIT.
- Agile/SCRUM software development methodology
- Strong Oral and Written communication in English
- Work best in small teams and independently