Python Developer, Senior
- Toronto, Canada
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency working on a range of challenging projects.
Trapeze has been a leader in developing powerful web applications using Python and Django over the past 7+ years. We’ve developed innovative and high impact applications for the likes of Disney, Kraft, Shoppers Drug Mart, CBS Television, Mitsubishi Motors, Reebok , and Shaw Communications and using this framework. We are also investing considerable resources in building out a Digital Experience platform and you will have a chance to have material input on the evolution of this platform.
Trapeze offers a chance to work with cutting edge technology, supercharged colleagues, radically impressive clients, some of the most creative minds in the industry. We offer a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits, excellence working conditions and career advancement opportunities.
Your primary role will be developing web applications using Python on the Django framework. You will be involved in all stages of project development—from inception to deployment—so flexibility and versatility are an absolute must!
You will have the ability to explore new technologies and improve the way the development team works. To help drive continuous adoption and integration of new technologies into design. Efficiently implements or leads the implementation of complex solutions with minimal technical debt. , drive quality improvement initiatives, company-wide architecture, maintains a collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback.
The role reports to our VP of Technology and the Technical Manager for a Python/Django team.
What we are looking for:
- Passion about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- A strong love for Python
- Ideally experience using the Django framework
- A good fundamental knowledge of programming languages and SQL
- Understanding of MVC and scalable systems
- Been successful working in small teams
- Build systems capable of handling extraordinary amounts of traffic as their impact continues to grow
- Help enrich the local Python development community by sharing your technology story with your peers
- Lead development of one or more key architectural components in Python
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Research and help select new technologies for improving the infrastructure
- Computer Science/ Engineer degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of hands on work experience with:
- Backend: Python, Django
- Database: PostgreSQL
- OS: Ubuntu Linux and OS X
- Web server: Gunicorn with Nginx or Apache and Lighttpd
- Version control: GIT
- Strong oral and written communication in English.
- Works best in small teams and independently