Email Marketing Specialist
- Toronto, Canada
Located in Toronto Canada, Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
Quark Expeditions is seeking a talented, data-driven self-starter to join a team of passionate marketing and communications professionals to lead our email marketing efforts.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful deployment of all email initiatives, throughout every stage of the buyer journey. The days of full blasts and spamming are over. In its place, we want you to understand the right nurture tracks to provide incremental value and nudge our leads towards sale in a way that feels human and still converts. We also need you to understand the best types of content to send to the right people at the right time, both for lead nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of our content-driven emails.
- Build, deploy, and optimize various email marketing campaigns and automated programs mainly focused on customer acquisition and retention, including design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in your email sends
- Conduct list segmentations based on criterion such as behavior, value, past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Create and maintain accurate performance reports, and communicate results and actionable insights to the team
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics
- Proficient using smart lists and marketing automation technology
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written and verbal form)
- Bonus skills: Experience using Pardot, Hubspot and/or Salesforce
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines