Marketing Database Specialist
- Toronto, Canada
Located in Toronto Canada, Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
Quark Expeditions is seeking a focused and data-passionate individual to become an integral part of our marketing team in support of Quark's database marketing and CRM activities.
In this role, you will pull data from a wide variety of data sources, including third-party vendors and marketing partnerships, into a customer and market view to lead projects to successful completion, enhancing efficiencies, driving revenue and improving marketing ROI.
- Focus on qualified lead acquisition to consistently grow database and build niche lists with outside vendors
- Oversee CRM segmentation and monitoring migration and churn
- Leverage the marketing database for effective campaign targeting, including helping to determine or confirm customer profiles/personas
- Maintain regular data cleansing and ensure data integrity and quality as well as third party vendor on-boarding, data preparation and reporting and recommendations
- Develop and maintain the multi-channel, B2B and B2C marketing campaign databases, contact history leveraging key data assets
- Manage data integration campaign process flow(s) and readiness as it relates to Salesforce, including campaign software tools, and data management
- Work with Director of Marketing on project based work from concept, development, execution and evaluation, based on campaign strategy, budget, and time frames
- Responsible for building the marketing communications database engine and integration of data (inbound and outbound, B2B and B2C) from various internal customers and third party sources.
- Proactively drive new list acquisition whether through partnerships or third-party vendor, including carrying out any necessary prospect research
- Ability to handle ad hoc list execution or analysis requests with minimal supervision
- Assist with data requests for reporting and analysis produced by other Analytics teams
- Understand consumer behavior, purchase data, and digital information (particularly in the retail industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or marketing related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in database marketing is essential
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM (Salesforce) platforms
- Strong analytical and reporting skills required (SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access and Excel)
- Proven ability to compile and interpret results to make recommendations to senior management
- Proven track record managing many projects in a fast changing environment
- Strong systemic thinker with track record of anticipating impacts across multiple channels, processes and stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator and strong will to get the job done correctly
- Prior experience with SQL programming is an asset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines