Project Manager/Supplier Manager
- Hackensack, NJ
Rapidly growing translation company based in Northern NJ.
Hackensack, NJ-based translation company is looking for a full-time project manager/supplier manager.
The Supplier/Project Manager performs the selection and maintenance of 3rd party suppliers to consistently meet CQ fluency’s business requirements. The S/P Manager assigns and coordinates translation project activities among appropriate external resources that vary by project and can include translators, editors, proofreaders, DTP designers, and localization engineers. Activities also include interfacing with the sales team and directly with the client.
- Supplier recruitment and maintenance
- Selection and management of qualified 3rd party suppliers
- Supplier pre-qualification and testing
- Supplier performance tracking
- Resourcing and maintenance of account-specific supplier lists
- Support Operations to resource projects
- Comply with Companies Quality Management System relating to Vendor Management
- Analysis of projects using translation memory software
- Support cost estimate analysis and preparation
- Preparation of files to be translated
- Placement of projects
- Negotiation of budgets and deadlines with freelance translators
- Development of schedules
- Supervision of the progress of translation projects
- Updating translation database
- Investigating client language questions
- Work as part of a team to ensure workloads are evenly distributed and
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date administrative tasks and management reporting.
- Two or more years of relevant supplier management experience preferred
- Minimum two years translation industry experience including use of translation tools
- Able to juggle multiple tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and a true team player
- Ability to develop budgets and timelines
- Energetic self-starter with initiative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and Internet applications
- Commitment to professional customer service
- Fluency in second language and English
List your salary requirement when applying.