This highly motivated individual will both implement and coordinate human resources functions within Kmart stores. He/she will have responsibility for store HR administration, associate screening, onboarding, and training, as well as employee engagement. This position reports to the Store Manager.
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
• Collaborates with and supports store management to strategically build and foster a fun, team environment for store associates that reflects the mission and values of Kmart.
• Coordinates hiring process in collaboration with the store manager and assistant store manager(s) to ensure store has qualified candidates to fill openings.
• Maintains associate documents and files in compliance with company policy.
• Actively communicates and builds relationships with store associates to drive associate engagement.
• Ensures all associates receive appropriate orientation and training in accordance with specific job needs as well as company policies.
• Maintains working knowledge of Kmart’s employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
• Escalates issues of importance to store management and district, regional and corporate partners if necessary.
Customer Focused -
• Coordinates associate recognition programs including birthday and anniversary recognition.
• Regularly updates associate communication bulletin board.
• Maintains an “open-door” policy to effectively address associate needs.
• Leads by example by exhibiting a positive attitude and a sense of collaboration.
• Responsible for coordinating and facilitating associate orientation.
• Initiates annual hourly employment review process by providing managers with necessary tools. Holds managers accountable to deadlines to ensure evaluations are completed within the appropriate timeframe.
• Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate information.