- Pleasanton, CA
Our client is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products.
- Perform non-compliance operational and financial audits by understanding audit project objectives and the associated risks.
- Self-identify controls and control gaps within various processes across the organization.
- Write clear and concise audit reports with the appropriate balance of details/facts and importance to the business.
- Evaluate/assess information provided from outside parties to understand how it fits into achieving the project objects and reaching a conclusion on the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Conduct/lead cross functional discussions through an extremely inquisitive mind set to ask questions based on where the discussion leads via clear and concise communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Path toward Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 4+ years of experience in financial/operational/information system auditing
- SAP or other ERP systems experience preferred
- CPG industry experience preferred
- Prior industry experience in financial reporting, accounting, operations or similar technical areas a plus
Skills and Abilities:
Possess an investigative reporter mentality, with the process mindset of an engineer, an explanatory approach of a detective and the discipline/technical structure of an accountant.
Exhibit the ability to influence positive change through the communication of compelling view points
Basic understanding of professional standards (U.S. GAAP, GAAS, and the Professional Practices Framework of the IIA)
Basic understanding of audit procedures, techniques, internal control concepts, with some experience applying them to various business areas/functions
Ability to think conceptually and apply those concepts in varying environments
Strong analytical abilities and understanding of business processes to identify controls deficiencies, process issues, and business problems and recommend potential solutions
Ability to interact with functional area management and executives in the organization
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to build relationships across functions
Organization and ability to prioritize
Ability to take ownership of issues and ensure timely resolution
Skilled in using audit tools (ACL, SAP, BW, Visio, Access and Excel)
Strong working knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office)
Travel 20% required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.