Senior DevOps Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Tripping.com is the world’s largest vacation home and short-term rental search engine (with more than 10 million listings and over 150,000 destinations worldwide). We’re venture-backed and recently raised $35 Million in Series C Funding so we can continue to drive our rapid growth. We care about our people and we're having fun playing in a $100B+ marketplace.
Tripping.com is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help manage our growing infrastructure. You will join a growing Search and Operations team to help design, develop, maintain, and deploy highly scalable infrastructure capable of supporting our continued growth in the Vacation Rental marketplace.
• Design and continue to build out our current Chef managed infrastructure in AWS
• Ensure that all systems are scalable, responsive, and reliable
• Create tools and workflows that make yours and other engineer’s lives easier
• Measure, optimize and support system performance
• Take part in the planning of new features and opportunities
• 6+ years of related work experience
• 3+ years experience using current configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
• 3 years experience building large backends for high volume systems using a modern language such as Python or Ruby
• Experience in at least one functional language (Erlang, Haskell, Rust)
• Experience working in a cloud computing system such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
• An obsession to make a self maintaining production cluster so you never get paged.
• A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)