- San Francisco, CA
Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with top sites to offer 10 million vacation homes in over 150,000 destinations worldwide. We’re venture-backed, growing FAST, and having fun playing in a $100B market.
Tripping.com is looking for a Data Scientist to join their world class search platform. We are a leader in the vacation rental space, but as with any search, there is room to grow. You will lead the charge into improving relevancy and speed on a fluid marketplace with varying parameters that are outside the standard search variations.
• Design and provide insights into the latest data science technologies / tools / techniques
• Hands on experience creating and analyzing relevance algorithms
• Design and evaluate experiments using algorithmic, mining, and statistical methodologies
• Grow our data stack
• Present findings to our team and the industry.
• PhD in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics or closely related field
• 3 years experience in Search and Analytics
• Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, Golang, Erlang.
• Strong Data Analysis skills
• Experience working in a small team
• A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.