Senior Back End Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Tripping.com is the world’s largest vacation home and short-term rental search engine (with more than 10 million listings and over 150,000 destinations worldwide). We’re venture-backed and recently raised $35 Million in Series C Funding so we can continue to drive our rapid growth. We care about our people and we're having fun playing in a $100B market.
Tripping.com is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us further develop our platform. Our engineers are talented, driven and humble people who love what they do, are intellectually curious, are always looking to grow, and enjoy having fun along the way. Tripping.com is a tech-focused startup, so you will have the freedom to try new things and influence the design and technical direction of the site.
Our core stack
• Ruby on Rails, as our web application framework
• React, built on a custom front end framework following the flux architecture
• Erlang, which our real time API has been built in
• Elasticsearch, pulling from RDBMS and NoSQL data stores
• MySQL and Redis, to store our data
• 6+ years experience working with modern frameworks and the libraries and tooling surrounding them
• Experience and deep understanding of modern development standards.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL to support a large scale data set
• A desire to write great, clean, secure code and always striving to implement features in the best way possible. You’ve thought ahead about what’s to come, thought of all the edge cases, and have proved that with tests in a unit test framework
• An obsession with new technologies and trends – we don’t mind testing new tech out where it makes sense for our products!
• A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
What you need to excel
• Experience leading a project
• Experience in search or big data
• Experience with asynchronous methodologies
• Intense desire to be part of a successful company from the ground up
• A good sense of humor, an open mind, and a high level of integrity
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)