Member Contact Center TruService Manager
- Winston-Salem, NC
The mission of Truliant Federal Credit Union is to enhance the quality of life of our members and become their preferred financial institution.
We strive to uphold this commitment by becoming the financial partner that helps members (owners) realize their financial goals by our singular dedication to understanding and satisfying their individual needs. This can only be accomplished by establishing and maintaining a relationship of mutual respect and trust with all of our member-owners. A relationship that is also built on adhering to the Credit Union's core values of being democratic, accessible, reliable, progressive thinking and providing family-like service.
The Credit Union was chartered in 1952 to serve the employees of Western Electric, known as Radio Shops Credit Union, which totaled approximately 2,000 members and a little over $100,000 in assets. More recently, we opened our Field of Member-Ownership on a selected basis to various groups and companies, which prompted the change in August, 1999 to Truliant -- more accurately reflecting our growing and diversified field of membership.
Today, we serve a membership of more than 180,000 member-owners with assets nearing 1.6 billion -- extending Credit Union services to more than 900 organizations located throughout four states. Our strong standing is largely due to our commitment in providing members the ease and convenience of innovative, automated services combined with the friendly, personal attention they expect and deserve. This philosophy has afforded us the opportunity to offer members a full array of financial services, including low-rate consumer loans, high-yield savings programs and many low-fee services.
Purpose of the Job
The Member Contact Center TruService Manager is responsible for managing, training, developing and coaching an assigned service and sales group within the MCC. The role has direct management responsibilities for the development and achievement of team service and sales operational plans to ensure deposit and/or lending goals are met by managing staff performance in facilitating new memberships, loan and deposit accounts, service and sales referrals as well as setting sales focus on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures smooth operation of MemberContactCenter through management and leadership skills.
- Motivates and inspires team to achieve exceptional results by ensuring that service and sales standards are met or exceeded and by developing and implementing motivational programs for front line agents that are consistent with overall mission, goals, objectives and policies of the credit union.
- Analyzes performance metrics (individual and team) and identifies areas of opportunity to then coach staff to build and deepen member relationships by offering and educating members on products and services that best benefit the member.
- Manages performance remediation of non performing service and sales staff.
- Provides consistent quality communication with team, peers and manager; communicates regularly through meetings, feedback sessions and written communication to ensure two-way communication of information regarding company and departmental news, policies and procedures, employee feedback, and ideas/recommendations.
- Analyzes and resolves escalated member questions, concerns, or problems requiring experience or knowledge beyond individual agent’s scope of responsibility.
- Resolves major member relations problems by communicating these issues with the appropriate operating departments, identifying the basis for the issue and developing a cost effective response that will meet the member’s objective.
- Makes decisions and takes corrective action to ensure operational goals are met.
- Uses critical thinking and sound judgment when making decisions that may impact the department/credit union or the member owner experience.
- Creates and maintains continuous learning environment for employee skill development and career path opportunities.
- Manages annual review process, including writing and delivering reviews as needed.
- Performs Operational audits of MCC to insure appropriate skills are used by staff in controlling loan and membership fraud.
- Actively develops management knowledge: people management, member service management, and process improvement.
- Facilitates interviewing and training process for new hires. On-boards new employees as well as experienced agents in new skill sets; provides feedback to Operations Manager as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible, compassionate
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have the ability to recognize and respond to member relationship opportunities using consultative sales approach
- Must have advanced understanding of financial services
- Must demonstrate ability to provide coaching and development to direct reports to achieve Credit Union goals
- Must demonstrate ability to create and implement clear, explicit and measurable goals and standards to their direct reports
- Must have strong mathematical skills
- Must have advanced PC skills, with intermediate level knowledge on Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must have ability to work well under pressure in a service and sales goal oriented environment
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the Credit Union
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and flexible with the capability to work with minimum supervision while handling multiple or competing priorities
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members