Consultant- Housing Energy- Net Zero
- Department: Advisory
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Location – negotiable / multiple
London / UK Regional Hub (Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh)
Terms - Competitive
Consultants (up to 5 years’ experience)
Senior Consultants (up to 10 years’ experience)
Net Zero Project Coordinators / Project Managers
Our specialist sustainability and energy team is growing in response to rising demand from social housing providers and public sector organisations. We are looking particularly for individuals with demonstrable industry and project management and/or analytics skills to support investment planning and delivery on the net zero carbon agenda.
In this role you’ll be at the forefront of the net-zero carbon/energy transition in the UK’s housing and public sectors. The specific roles will be shaped around the individual skills and experience that you bring, with a range of opportunities from developing net-zero energy strategies to project delivery support on some of the UKs most innovative, market shaping projects.
If this sounds interesting, but you’re not sure what our consultants do – talk to us. A conversation can lead to amazing places!
Key tasks (not necessarily all in one person)
- To support the analysis of housing providers and public sector organisations’ asset data to benchmark current energy performance and develop investment scenarios to reach energy performance and net zero targets
- To support social landlords and public sector bodies through the delivery journey of their net-zero strategies and investment programmes, including: awareness, interest, business case, decision, procurement, build phase, monitoring and close
- To support delivery of current industry assistance programmes including the Social Housing Retrofit Accelerator
- To support development and delivery of low carbon / net zero building retrofit projects
- To support/manage client and partner relationships
- To support the growth of our energy service, the wider Sustainability Team and Turner & Townsend at large
We are looking to add a range of skills and experience to the team, not necessarily all in the same individual, including:
- Organised approach to project management
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting and using data to drive carbon and asset planning, turning data into realisable projects and programmes
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop succinct and accurate communications covering complex subject matter
- Strong relationship management
- Social landlord/public sector experience and expertise: asset management, finance, development (ideally with specific experience of managing/coordinating capital spend and retrofit projects)
- Construction and manufacturing sector experience
- Construction contract management experience
- New build housing development experience (for potential growth of the role)
- Ability to review, analyse and benchmark energy and carbon performance
- Ability to identify potential technical solutions
- Experience in developing guidance and/or tools to assist housing providers with retrofit projects
- Retrofit Coordinator training or other similar energy related qualifications and awareness
- Positive, creative approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.