Senior Cost Manager
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
The Middle East Region employs circa 550 staff across the Real Estate, Infrastructure and Natural Resource sectors.
We are currently looking for the Senior Cost Manager to join our Real Estate team in Abu Dhabi working on a wide range of projects, often large and complex, which could include Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Hospitality, Leisure and Master Plan developments.
This role is Abu Dhabi office based, working within a professional and ambitious team, where you will work on your own initiative but receive excellent support.
Senior Cost Managers lead commissions of varying types and sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our projects generally are of significant size and value.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the Real Estate / Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
- Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, measurement of building works for estimating, report writing and preparation of Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
- Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
- Experience of post-contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
- Detailed experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
- Report writing, Estimate reports, Cost reports, Procurement reports and Tender reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing pre-contract, post-contract and ad-hoc reports and presenting them to the client.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Knowledge of CostX preferred.
- Knowledge of BIM preferred.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com