Construction Project Administrator
- Kampala, Uganda
- Department: Business support
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, and we are seeking a Project Administrator to join our team in supporting one of our Global Key Clients.
Reporting to Turner & Townsend's Project Lead, the Project Administrator will be part of our on-site team, working from one of our clients site offices in Kampala.
The Project Administrator is responsible for assisting project & cost management teams with administrative and coordination duties to help focus their efforts on critical tasks.
The role includes assisting in the day-to-day project coordination and using various software systems and tools to improve and monitor program delivery, track performance metrics, and inform process improvements.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Provide administrative support to project & cost management teams.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
- Liaising with project stakeholders during pre-construction stages and ensuring internal systems reflect status of project.
- Track project status’ throughout construction stages and associated costs to assist Project Managers for appropriate value projects.
- Assist project managers with producing weekly project progress reports.
- Assist project management team with closing out projects following completion of deliverables.
- Assist project managers in developing technical documents.
- Ability to present in meetings.
- Liaison between cross functional business units.
- Maintain/record, distribute meeting minutes and actions items.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities, with excellent attention to detail and quality delivery.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including clients, staff, board members, external partners/vendors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving using a solution-oriented mind-set.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to effectively work independently.
- Proven time management skills.
- Education / Experience:
- Experience and applied knowledge in Project Coordination/Administration and Document Controller is preferred.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or Diploma level qualification is an advantage.
- The ability to build effective relationships and work in a team. Comfortable working alongside the client.
- The ability to provide sound and effective recommendations on issues associated with administering projects.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com