Estimating – Australia - Signalling/Rail Systems
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 114 offices and 47 countries worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend's AUstralian Infrastructure division is looking for experienced Estimators at all levels with Rail Signalling and Communications knowledge.
If you have thought about relocating to Australia (Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane) and using your High capacity signalling and communication Estimating knowledge to help deliver a lot of the major projects, we could help!
- First principles estimating, especially with rail signalling related systems, and Communications. High capacity signalling and communication experience is desirable.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, and expenditure profiles for projects and work packages
- Application and efficient utilisation of approved work breakdown and cost breakdown structures
- Co-ordination and production of feasibility studies and multi-tier cost reports
- An ability to work effectively and positively as part of a team, to ensure that all deliverables are met
- Undertake estimation and evaluation tasks throughout the project lifecycle. This includes analysis and assessment of cost estimates and forecasts provided by the supply chain.
- Analysis of construction project change and the provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities
- Working collaboratively and seamlessly with all other key project and programme functions such as; management, estimating, risk and planning teams
- Providing process and technical estimating support to manage project budget and scope
- Application of estimating and cost planning activities including producing and presenting a final cost plan
- Experience in rail signalling systems. High capacity signalling and communication experience is desirable.
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management desired
- MRICS / AIQS accreditation ideal
- Proficient in the use of CostX, Unifer, Ecosys, Candy or other equivalent tools desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report writing skills; and,
- Highly motivated and passionate individual, showing a clear ability to deliver great outcomes for clients.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/