Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager
- Department: Real Estate
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- To support with the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- To identify and ensure that the appropriate commission manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- To maintain effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout project
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- To lead and facilitate the overall cross-functional project team
- To manage the change control process
- To monitor and advise upon project finances
- To manage the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- To prepare formal project progress and other reports
- To take a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- To identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager
- To ensure that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- To ensure prompt client invoicing and utilizing of internal accounting systems in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Degree qualifications in construction, project management, mechanical or electrical engineering or similar function
- Minimum 3 - 8 years’ experience with industrial / data centers / corporate end-user projects
- Experience with M&E systems in a construction project
- Experience and knowledge of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Experience of leading project management commissions for small to medium sized general construction projects of low to medium complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment, to meet often tight deadlines, and to work pro-actively as part of a committed team
- Strong grasp of the English language (written and oral) including ability to write reports, draft minutes and attend meetings with international clients
- Experience from consultancy background is preferred.