Assistant Cost Manager
- Department: Real Estate
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Assisting the Commission Manager on a range of tasks, to include:
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking
- Estimating and producing cost plans
- Compiling and amending the tender list
- Drafting the procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Drafting the tender report
- Dealing with variations and the change control processes, negotiating less financially significant or complex matters
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Drafting monthly reports
- Analysing the numbers for the final accounts
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 1- 3 years' experience in related fields
- Good technical knowledge and experience across the full range of Cost Management duties including: Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Change Orders and Final Account close-out
- Team player with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiation, influence and persuade others