Data Center Safety Manager (Electrical equipment)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Department: Real Estate
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
You must have a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills while empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of Data Center activities. Your understanding of the design and functionality of your Data Center in support of 24x7x365 on-site Data Centers operations and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) infrastructure while acting as the technical authority for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical MEP system, design, and functionality is critical to success.
Remit including but not limited to being responsible for the overall energy isolation program management at the site for MEP energy. Accountability to ensure all activities related to the energy isolation process is coordinated and executed across the assigned location(s) according to established policies and procedures. Performance objectives should also include:
- Ensure safe working conditions have been established by reviewing documentation (including procedures, job hazard analysis, and permits) and auditing the energy program for construction, commissioning, maintenance, and operations activities
- Work with construction and commissioning teams to ensure safe working conditions to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of MEP systems.
- Identify and assist in the mitigation of project risks and monitor the development and implementation of corrective action plans - manage Non-Conformance Reports and resolution
- Support the change management process in providing clarification and guidance on questions regarding scope, justification, and technical detail
- Partner closely with Environmental, Health, and Safety teams to drive operational excellence in all aspects of the Control of Hazardous Energy
- Promote a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of Data Center activities
- Acts as the single point of accountability for all Energy Isolation activities across the project
- Participate in High Risk Activity (HRA) planning meetings associated with Energy Isolation
- Ensure PTWs, MS & RAs are reviewed as appropriate and all sources of energy are identified
- Post-Turnover MOPs are reviewed.
- Responsible for approval processes for proposed energy isolation procedures
- Ensure all entities are performing energy isolation per standardized policy and procedure
- Verify / Validate the energy isolation permitting process
- Verify / Validate the processes and execution for determination of individual or group LOTO, including the processes for centralized LOTO and integration with all site entities
- Verify / Validate and coordinate with the GC and applicable contractors the energy isolation assurance process, including the identification and plan to close gaps identified with assurance audits.
- Ensure process established for energy isolation verifies qualifications, training, and PPE requirements for personnel performing work
- Establishes and manages an Energy Isolation assurance process in conjunction with site teams to close any gaps identified in assurance audits
- Review qualifications and coordinate with appropriate entities to assign Authorizing Energy Marshal and Performing Energy Isolation Coordinators
- Coordinate with appropriate entities to delegate alternates that are qualified to assume roles during multi-shift and peak energization time frames
- Act as the SME in all energy isolation incident investigations within the area of responsibility
- Independent authority for stopping all unsafe work practices with respect to energy isolation
- College/university/professional degree in Electrical, Industrial, Process Engineering, or related work experience
- 8+ years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in mission critical facilities and electrical infrastructures
- Fundamental understanding of some global and the National Electrical Code
- Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems (Power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)
- Established understanding of electrical theory and practical application via your maintenance & operation of critical electrical equipment. (Paralleling switchgear, redundant UPS systems, DC battery strings, multi-source electrical utility switchgear, standby diesel generators, etc.)
- Construction training - OSHA 30
- NFPA 70E training - Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
- Demonstrated experience related to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and installations
- Knowledgeable in major regulations, industry codes and standards as well as construction materials, means, and methods
- Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation - Ability to interpret Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), construction drawings etc
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Good negotiating and report writing skills - able to lead/author investigation report independently