Lead Project Manager (Data Centre's)
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Due to the continued success and expansion of our Middle East Data Centre business we currently have an opportunity for a Lead PM with data centre expertise.
Our people are the key to our success and are our most important asset. As a Lead Project Manager (Lead PM) for a large data centre client you will join our Middle East Project Management team to provide services that help our clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery for data centres, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
The Lead Project Manager will report to the Turner & Townsend Project Director internally and the client representative at a project level. The incumbent will be based in Abu Dhabi and may be required to travel across the UAE region.
The Lead Project Manager will act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality, sustainability and safety standards.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and who wants to make a difference to the Project Management division.
Key Attributes and Duties:
You will have both a strong pre contract and post contract delivery background. You will show excellent management and interpersonal skills and possess a very strong core technical skillset, an understanding of construction and commercial and contractual awareness.
As a smart and enthusiastic Lead Project Manager you will understand the complexities of a hyperscale data centre projects.
Your strong interpersonal skills and exceptional relationship management experience will enable you to effectively liaise with a diverse range of clients, sub-contractors and key stakeholders. You are immaculately presented and possess a perceptive knowledge of the end to end project delivery lifecycle inclusive of design, procurement, permitting, construction and handover processes.
Your proven success in delivering building projects will allow you to execute the following key responsibilities as Lead Project Manager:
- Develop and manage a suite of governance, communication and management control systems for the proper conduct and assured delivery of the client’s essential services and works.
- Review the organisation structures of the parties and recommend alignment measures.
- Monitor overall team performance and initiate any required safety or performance improvement measures and methodologies.
- Monitor and audit compliance with the requirements of the management systems and report as required.
- Continually identify any project risks, actively assign and manage mitigations as appropriate.
- Initiate and conduct weekly technical and progress meetings relating to the services and works.
- Manage any client stage gateway reviews and attainment of conditions precedent to such approvals.
- Manage the attainment of design stage deliverables to schedule and quality that may be concurrent with any fast track works package procurements and associated permitting and approvals requirements.
- Attend the site(s) as often as required to review HSSE, logistics and progress against the programme.
- Produce formal reports on project progress measured against the baseline and milestone dates and agreed project-wide KPI’s.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports on project progress for the Employer’s representative, prepare and conduct presentations as required.
- Manage and administer the relevant contracts affording appropriate protection of the client’s interests.
- Manage the timely issuance of company invoices and receipts against the agreed contract.
- Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or an equivalent technical qualification
- Hyperscale Data Centre sector experience
- Minimum 15 years Project Management experience
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com