Senior Project Manager - Defence
- Birmingham, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Within our midlands region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are currently seeking applications from security cleared Senior Project Managers interested in working in the Defence Sector.
- Influence and support client project delivery through appropriate planning, monitoring and controlling
- Interact with the project team to define and interrogate scope of work
- Champion the appropriate programme and project delivery strategies to secure a successful business outcome
- Definition of programmes and projects ensuring alignment with client business needs and context
- Promote and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan; prepare and mange any remedial actions required
- Ensure appropriate services to the project are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls, commercial and financial support functions
- Prepare Business Cases and obtain approvals
- Carry out Gateway reviews
- Maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Prepare regular and clear status reports, dashboards and the like
- Prepare and manage the project plans
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Full UK Driving Licence
Ideally a Selection of:
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- Hold Security Clearance
- Managing Successful Programmes – Practitioner APMP
- Certified Project Management Associate
- PRINCE2 – Practitioner
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.