Whole Life Cycle Cost Manager
- Cupertino, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in 112 offices in 46 countries.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is seeking individuals with a keen interest, experience and knowledge in lifecycle and whole life cost analysis. Experience in Facilities Management, FM operations, PPP Management, building construction, would also be of benefit.
Our Whole Life Cost team specializes in helping our clients understand the total cost of ownership of their assets, target cost efficient design solutions and drive efficiency through specification selection and strategy.
- Undertaking lifecycle cost analysis and build cost models.
- Undertaking critical appraisals against multiple specification options.
- WLC and FM Benchmarking analysis.
- Capital planning.
- Support with multiple Green standards/codes and credit awards.
- Wider support to our Asset & Facilities Management team.
- Develop bespoke model solutions for client needs; and
- Provide technical advisory services related to lifecycle funding (PFI/PPP).
As a Whole life cost consultant you are:
- A cooperative team member supporting senior team members in the successful delivery of projects.
- Capable of independently completing tasks and activities and taking responsibility for your own time management and ability to work towards overall project timescales and potentially tight deadlines.
- Expected to support senior team members in business generation activities where required, such as bid writing and developing marketing material.
- Able to undertake lifecycle cost analysis for projects around the globe and understand the location differences in terms of energy requirements and cost factors.
- Capable of building strong, professional client relationships and identifying and resolving client’s issues.
- Able to analyze information quickly and efficiently, choose or recommend from a range of options and make decisions where the parameters are unclear and judgement needs to be exercised.
- Aside from accepting personal responsibility for the quality and commercial delivery aspects of your work you will be expected to develop skills and share knowledge within the whole consulting practice; and
- Expected to work within any of the other consulting practices where your professional skills and experience can add value.
Specific Skill and Competencies
- Undertaking lifecycle and whole life cost analysis during multiple Design stages.
- Understand the requirements of Green standards such as USGBC.
- Production of benchmark rates using existing data sources.
- Be familiar with PD 156865:2008 Standardized method of life cycle costing.
- Facilities Management and Building Operations.
- Report writing and model production using MS software.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified in a related subject or appropriate industry experience.
- Experience delivering lifecycle modelling or similar services within a related industry.
- Proficient and experienced in using MS office software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.