Mechanical Estimator - Construction Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend seeks an experienced Mechanical or MEP Estimator who can meet client objectives through the delivery of an effective cost management service.
The MEP Estimator is responsible for providing mechanical estimates and cost consulting for commercial, data center, industrial, and high-tech building projects.
While Mechanical estimating experience is required, Electrical and Plumbing Estimating experience is also a big plus (MEP).
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process.
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager.
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account
- Demonstrate solid presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad Navisworks, and/or other related computer software.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction procurement.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good knowledge and experience gained within several industry sectors.
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field.
- Experience in commercial and high-tech real estate construction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing large-scale Mechanical cost estimates.
- Good understanding of all mechanical as they relate to construction of projects.
- Construction experience with mechanical and plumbing systems a plus.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.